Jump to Main Content
- Loeffler, Anette; Linek, Monika; Moodley, Arshnee; Guardabassi, Luca; Sung, Julia M.L.; Winkler, Margit; Weiss, Reinhard; Lloyd, David H.
- Veterinary dermatology 2007 v.18 no.6 pp. 412-421
- otitis externa, etc ; cephalexin; enrofloxacin; Staphylococcus intermedius; disease course; cats; dog diseases; dogs; multiple drug resistance; emerging diseases; risk factors; methicillin; case studies; cat diseases; pyoderma; strains; bacterial infections; topical application; Germany; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Resistance to cephalosporins and/or fluoroquinolones by Staphylococcus intermedius has remained low in Europe, with effective drugs generally available for systemic therapy in pets. However, multiresistant, mecA-positive S. intermedius isolated from dogs and cats is now emerging in Europe. Twelve S. intermedius isolates, highly resistant to at least five antimicrobial classes, were isolated from s ...
- Saridomichelakis, Manolis N.; Farmaki, Rania; Leontides, Leonidas S.; Koutinas, Alexander F.
- Veterinary dermatology 2007 v.18 no.5 pp. 341-347
- otitis externa, etc ; Malassezia; foreign bodies; Cocker Spaniel; retrospective studies; nematode infections; males; case studies; females; bacterial infections; dogs; food allergies; disease diagnosis; dog diseases; dermatomycoses; gender differences; therapeutics; dermatitis; disease course; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The objective of this retrospective study was to investigate in 100 dogs with otitis externa (OE) the possible associations between signalment, history, clinical and laboratory findings and the various primary, secondary and perpetuating causative factors of ear canal inflammation. The age of the dogs ranged from 3 months to 14 years (median: 4.75 years) and they included 45 males and 55 females. ...