Jump to Main Content
- Sargent, Sandra J.; Frank, Linda A.; Buchanan, Benjamin R.; Donnell, Robert L.; Morandi, Federica
- Veterinary dermatology 2006 v.17 no.3 pp. 175-181
- otitis externa, etc ; Corynebacterium; Staphylococcus intermedius; anesthesia; animal injuries; cell biology; computed tomography; ears; head; histopathology; horses; otitis media; parasites; sedation; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Otoscopic examination and cytology of the equine ear would be beneficial in diseases such as head trauma, headshaking, otitis externa secondary to otitis media, vestibular disease, aural neoplasia and aural pruritus secondary to parasites. In practice, otic examinations of horses are rarely done due to the perceived difficulty in visualizing the equine external ear canal and tympanic membrane, as ...
- Cole, Lynette K.; Kwochka, Kenneth W.; Hillier, Andrew; Kowalski, Joseph J.; Smeak, Daniel D.; Kelbick, Nicole T.
- Veterinary dermatology 2006 v.17 no.2 pp. 128-133
- otitis externa, etc ; enrofloxacin; assays; drug evaluation; veterinary medicine; diffusion; disease resistance; bacterial infections; animal tissues; ciprofloxacin; dogs; disease control; in vitro studies; bacterial colonization; antibiotic resistance; dog diseases; combination drug therapy; testing; disease course; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The purposes of this study were to determine whether ciprofloxacin disk diffusion susceptibility test (DDT) results could be used to assess the in vitro susceptibility of otic bacterial organisms to enrofloxacin and to determine the effect of concurrent enrofloxacin administration on the DDT results for enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin. Thirty dogs with end-stage otitis externa undergoing unilateral ...