Jump to Main Content
- Ghibaudo, Giovanni; Peano, Andrea
- Veterinary dermatology 2010 v.21 no.5 pp. 522-526
- otitis externa, etc ; animal pathology; itraconazole; saprophytes; drug therapy; dog diseases; Aspergillus alutaceus; dogs; ears; miconazole; skin diseases; mycoses; pathogen identification; case studies; cell biology; molds (fungi); disease diagnosis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Aspergillus ochraceus, a widely distributed filamentous fungus, was isolated and identified by cytology and culture as the cause of unilateral ceruminous purulent otitis in a 4-year-old male mixed-breed dog. The pathogenic role of the fungal isolate was confirmed by a good response to antifungal therapy and the absence of other pathogens. No underlying diseases were identified and the dog recovere ...
- Zur, G.
- Veterinary dermatology 2005 v.16 no.4 pp. 276-280
- otitis externa, etc ; dogs; dog diseases; squamous cell carcinoma; ears; case studies; glucocorticoids; surgery; drug therapy; histopathology; disease diagnosis; Cocker Spaniel; German Shepherd; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Bilateral ear canal infections are common in dogs. Ear canal neoplasia is usually associated with unilateral problems, and is uncommon in dogs. To the best of the author's knowledge, bilateral aural neoplasia has not been reported in dogs, and only four case reports were found in the human literature. This report presents three dogs that had bilateral tumours in their ear canals. They were present ...