Jump to Main Content
- Swinney, Alison; Fazakerley, Jennifer; McEwan, Neil; Nuttall, Tim
- Veterinary dermatology 2008 v.19 no.6 pp. 373-379
- otitis externa, etc ; etiology; veterinary drugs; Staphylococcus intermedius; in vitro culture; bacterial colonization; antibiotics; dog diseases; dogs; drug evaluation; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug formulations; in vitro studies; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacterial infections; topical application; antibacterial properties; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial efficacy of ear cleaners against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatis. Single isolates of each organism were incubated in duplicate at 38 °C for 30 min with each ear cleaner diluted 1/2 to1/256 in phosphate-buffered saline. Positive and negative controls were included. Aliquots were then incubated for ...
- Loeffler, Anette; Linek, Monika; Moodley, Arshnee; Guardabassi, Luca; Sung, Julia M.L.; Winkler, Margit; Weiss, Reinhard; Lloyd, David H.
- Veterinary dermatology 2007 v.18 no.6 pp. 412-421
- otitis externa, etc ; cephalexin; enrofloxacin; Staphylococcus intermedius; disease course; cats; dog diseases; dogs; multiple drug resistance; emerging diseases; risk factors; methicillin; case studies; cat diseases; pyoderma; strains; bacterial infections; topical application; Germany; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Resistance to cephalosporins and/or fluoroquinolones by Staphylococcus intermedius has remained low in Europe, with effective drugs generally available for systemic therapy in pets. However, multiresistant, mecA-positive S. intermedius isolated from dogs and cats is now emerging in Europe. Twelve S. intermedius isolates, highly resistant to at least five antimicrobial classes, were isolated from s ...