Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: crops?
- Steinaa, L.; Saya, R.; Awino, E.; Toye, P.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2012 v.145 no.3-4 pp. 571-581
- cross reaction, etc ; Theileria parva; cattle; cattle diseases; clones; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; epitopes; immunization; interferons; live vaccines; nitrogen; oxytetracycline; parasites; subunit vaccines; theileriosis; vaccine development; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The protozoan parasite Theileria parva causes a usually fatal disease in cattle, known as East Coast fever. Cattle can be vaccinated by injecting live parasites simultaneously with long acting oxytetracycline (the infection and treatment method, ITM). The immunity induced by ITM is believed to be mediated by cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL). Although effective, the ITM vaccine has disadvantages such ...
- Flies, Andrew S.; Grant, Chris K.; Mansfield, Linda S.; Smith, Eric J.; Weldele, Mary L.; Holekamp, Kay E.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2012 v.145 no.1-2 pp. 110-119
- cross reaction, etc ; Crocuta; Western blotting; ancestry; anthrax; antibodies; carnivores; cats; dead animals; disease resistance; electrophoresis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epitopes; foods; humoral immunity; immune system; immunization; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; immunoglobulin light chains; molecular weight; pathogens; rabies; researchers; sympatry; veterinarians; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Animals that hunt and scavenge are often exposed to a broad array of pathogens. Theory predicts the immune systems of animals specialized for scavenging should have been molded by selective pressures associated with surviving microbial assaults from their food. Spotted hyenas (Crocuta crocuta) are capable hunters that have recently descended from carrion feeding ancestors. Hyenas have been documen ...
- PubMed Central: