Jump to Main Content
- Sipka, Anja; Langner, Kathrin; Seyfert, Hans-Martin; Schuberth, Hans-Joachim
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2010 v.136 no.3-4 pp. 219-226
- cattle; cattle diseases; inflammation; pathogenesis; disease course; immune response; macrophages; monocytes; granulocytes; cytokines; neurosecretory system; neurotransmitters; substance P; immunostimulants; kinins; hormone receptors; in vitro studies; endotoxins; lipopolysaccharides
- ... Neuromediators like substance P have a decisive influence on inflammatory processes via the neuroendocrine regulation circuit. The aim of the present study was therefore to evaluate the expression of the main substance P receptor NK-1R in cattle as well as the modulatory properties of substance P for bovine macrophages. The expression of NK-1R was detected in subsets of lymphocytes, granulocytes, ...
- Hiszczyńska-Sawicka, Elżbieta; Akhtar, Masood; Kay, Graham William; Holec-Gąsior, Lucyna; Bickerstaffe, Roy; Kur, Józef; Stankiewicz, Mirosław
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2010 v.136 no.3-4 pp. 324-329
- sheep; sheep diseases; toxoplasmosis; Toxoplasma gondii; vaccination; vaccines; vaccine development; antigens; plasmids; DNA; plasmid vectors; liposomes (artificial); intramuscular injection; protective effect; humoral immunity; interleukin-8; biomarkers; immunoglobulin G; blood serum
- ... The aim of this study is to compare the immune responses of sheep stimulated by the intramuscular injection of a liposome formulated—DNA plasmid encoding the Toxoplasma gondii MAG1 antigen only or co-expressed with ovine IL-6. Forty-five, 2-year-old sheep were divided into four groups. Group 1 received an empty pVAXIg plasmid, group 2 no treatment, group 3 liposome formulated plasmid pVAXIgMAG1 an ...