Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2018 v.203 pp. 73-77
- EDTA (chelating agent); Seriola quinqueradiata; antibacterial properties; antibodies; bacteria; blood serum; chelation; complement; electron microscopy; fish; humoral immunity; immunization; immunoglobulin M; jaundice; mortality
- ... Ichthyobacterium seriolicida is the causative agent of bacterial hemolytic jaundice (BHJ) in Japanese amberjack, Seriola quinqueradiata. Fish recovering from BHJ acquire protective immunity against reinfection. In this study, fish were passively immunized to determine whether serum antibody is involved in protection against BHJ. The susceptibility of I. seriolicida to the bactericidal activity of ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2013 v.153 no.1-2 pp. 83-90
- Carassius auratus; Carassius carassius; Edwardsiella tarda; antibacterial properties; antibodies; bacteria; bacterial infections; cell-mediated immunity; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; fish; humoral immunity; immune response; kidneys; mammals; pathogens; spleen
- ... Edwardsiella tarda is an intracellular pathogen that causes edwardsiellosis in fish. Although cell-mediated immunity and innate immunity play a major role in protection against intracellular bacterial infection in mammals, their importance in protecting fish against E. tarda infection remain unclear. In this study, we examined cell-mediated and humoral immune responses in ginbuna crucian carp (Car ...