Jump to Main Content
- Truong, Anh Duc; Hong, Yeong Ho; Lillehoj, Hyun S.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2015 v.166 no.3-4 pp. 116
- immune response, etc ; Clostridium perfringens; Eimeria maxima; Gallus gallus; Marek disease; White Leghorn; breeding; chickens; cluster analysis; coccidiosis; cytokine receptors; cytokines; databases; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic markers; haplotypes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; host-pathogen relationships; inbred lines; intestinal mucosa; messenger RNA; mixed infection; necrotic enteritis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcriptome; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... We investigated the necrotic enteritis (NE)-induced transcripts of immune-related genes in the intestinal mucosa of two highly inbred White Leghorn chicken lines, line 6.3 and line 7.2, which share the same MHC haplotype and show different levels of NE susceptibility using high-throughput RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq) technology. NE was induced by the previously described co-infection model using Eimer ...
- Cheeseman, Jennifer H.; Lillehoj, Hyun S.; Lamont, Susan J.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2008 v.125 no.3-4 pp. 375
- immune response, etc ; chickens; immune system; biochemical pathways; genes; gene expression; messenger RNA; nitric oxide; enzymes; nitric oxide synthase; interferons; signal transduction; in vitro studies; cell lines; macrophages; transfection; RNA interference; gene expression regulation; inhibitors; enzyme inhibition; interferon-gamma; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Utilizing RNA interference technology with siRNA in the HD11 macrophage cell line, we determined how the inhibition or knock-down of the iNOS (inducible nitric oxide synthase) gene affected IFN-γ-induced macrophage production of nitric oxide (NO) and mRNA expression of genes involved in this biological pathway in the chicken. Chicken macrophages produce NO when stimulated with recombinant chicken ...