Jump to Main Content
- Bekő, Katinka; Felde, Orsolya; Sulyok, Kinga M.; Kreizinger, Zsuzsa; Hrivnák, Veronika; Kiss, Krisztián; Biksi, Imre; Jerzsele, Ákos; Gyuranecz, Miklós
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.228 pp. 196-201
- fluoroquinolones, etc ; Mycoplasma hyorhinis; active ingredients; antibiotic resistance; arthritis; doxycycline; financial economics; florfenicol; gamithromycin; gentamicin; lincomycin; minimum inhibitory concentration; oxytetracycline; pathogens; pneumonia; spectinomycin; swine; tiamulin; tylosin; Hungary; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Mycoplasma hyorhinis is a common pathogen of swine causing mainly polyserositis and arthritis, but it has also been implicated as a cause of pneumonia. The economic losses due to M. hyorhinis infection could be reduced by antibiotic treatment. The aim of this study was to determine minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of antibiotics potentially used to combat M. hyorhinis in swine production.Th ...
- Mama, Olouwafemi Mistourath; Gómez-Sanz, Elena; Ruiz-Ripa, Laura; Gómez, Paula; Torres, Carmen
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.233 pp. 5-10
- fluoroquinolones, etc ; Staphylococcus sciuri; Staphylococcus simulans; antibiotic resistance; arginine; chloramphenicol; clindamycin; coagulase negative staphylococci; enterotoxins; erythromycin; food animals; genes; genetic markers; genotype; goats; humans; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; multiple drug resistance; nose; phenotype; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; slaughterhouses; streptomycin; tobramycin; virulence; Spain; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... This work aimed to determine the prevalence, diversity, antibiotic-resistance phenotype/genotype and virulence factors in staphylococci of farm-animals. Nasal samples of 117 farm-animals (calve: 72; lamb: 37; goat: 8) were collected from one slaughterhouse in La Rioja/Spain and cultured for staphylococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus (MRS) recovery. Identification was performed by MALDI ...