Jump to Main Content
- Stournara, A.; Minas, A.; Bourtzi-Chatzopoulou, E.; Stack, J.; Koptopoulos, G.; Petridou, E.; Sarris, K.
- Veterinary microbiology 2007 v.119 no.1 pp. 53-64
- screening; brucellosis; young animals; serodiagnosis; sheep; live vaccines; differential staining; disease control; complement fixation tests; sheep diseases; Brucella melitensis; adults; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; guidelines; immune response; vaccination; conjunctiva; accuracy; topical application
- ... The serological response of young and adult sheep vaccinated conjunctivally with Rev-1 vaccine was assessed by fluorescence polarization assay (FPA), Rose Bengal test (RBT), complement fixation test (CFT), modified Rose Bengal test (m-RBT), indirect ELISA (i-ELISA) and competitive ELISA (c-ELISA), at different post vaccination intervals. One hundred and thirty six adult sheep and 64 lambs were use ...
- Lemos, L.S.; Santos, A.S. de O. dos; Vieira-da-Motta, O.; Texeira, G.N.; Carvalho, E.C.Q. de
- Veterinary microbiology 2007 v.125 no.3-4 pp. 350-354
- sheep; sheep diseases; respiratory tract diseases; mycoses; Cryptococcus neoformans; disease detection; case studies; epidemiological studies; pathogen identification; lungs; tissue analysis; cryopreservation; histopathology; yeasts; epithelium; viability; microscopy; differential staining; in vitro culture; risk assessment; disease transmission; zoonoses; Brazil
- ... Cryptococcosis is considered a zoonosis but is rare in stock animals. In humans it is imputed to be a mortality cause in immunocompromised patients. This case study reports the anatomopathology of respiratory cryptococcosis in ovine and the recuperation and identification of Cryptococcus neoformans var. neoformans from 1-year frozen lung tissue sample. The findings from haematoxylin/eosin staining ...