Jump to Main Content
- Kyriakis, Constantinos S.; Zhang, Ming; Wolf, Stefan; Jones, Les P.; Shim, Byoung-Shik; Chocallo, Anna H.; Hanson, Jarod M.; Jia, MingRui; Liu, Dong; Tripp, Ralph A.
- Veterinary microbiology 2017 v.211 pp. 174-179
- commercial farms, etc ; Influenza A virus; birds; genes; herds; molecular epidemiology; morbidity; mortality; pandemic; polymerase chain reaction; swine; swine influenza; vaccines; vertebrate viruses; viruses; North Carolina; South Carolina; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Swine influenza A virus (IAV) can cause widespread respiratory disease with high morbidity, low mortality, and have a substantial economic impact to the swine industry. Swine infection may contribute to pandemic IAV given their susceptibility to both avian and human IAVs. Currently, three IAV subtypes (H1N1, H3N2 and H1N2) circulate in swine in North America frequently combining gene segments from ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kitikoon, Pravina; Sreta, Donruethai; Tuanudom, Ranida; Amonsin, Alongkorn; Suradhat, Sanipa; Oraveerakul, Kanisak; Poovorawan, Yong; Thanawongnuwech, Roongroje
- Veterinary microbiology 2011 v.148 no.2-4 pp. 413-418
- commercial farms, etc ; Influenza A virus; antibodies; antigen detection; farm labor; genes; humans; influenza; pandemic; people; swine; virus transmission; viruses; Thailand; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... We investigated influenza interspecies transmission in two commercial swine farms in Thailand. Sera from swine-exposed workers (n=78), age-matched non-swine-exposed healthy people (n=60) and swine populations in both farms (n=85) were studied. Hemagglutination-inhibition (HI) assay was performed on Thai swine H1 viruses (swH1N1 and swH1N2) isolated from both farms. Thai human H1N1 (huH1N1) and pan ...