Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jiali?
- Ma, Jiale, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.229 pp. 110-116
- Streptococcus suis; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; biosynthesis; chromosomes; doxycycline; enzymes; erythromycin; humans; interspersed repetitive sequences; kanamycin; lincomycin; multigene family; multiple drug resistance; neomycin; nisin; pathogens; serotypes; type IV secretion system; virulence
- ... Streptococcus suis represents a key antibiotic resistance gene reservoir and an important pathogen for humans and animals. Resistance can be spread through horizontal gene transfer of chromosome-borne mobile genetic elements; however, the exact mechanism by which this occurs remains poorly understood. In the present study, we identified and characterized a novel 82-kb integrative conjugative eleme ...
- Ma, Jiale, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.234 pp. 92-100
- Streptococcus suis; autolysis; bacteria; bacterial adhesion; binding capacity; biofilm; brain; cell division; electron microscopy; endothelial cells; fibrinogen; fibronectins; fluorescent antibody technique; gametolysin; humans; hydrolysis; mice; models; mutants; mutation; octoxynol; pathogens; peptidoglycans; pork industry; surface proteins; virulence
- ... Streptococcus suis (SS) is a major pathogen in the swine industry, and also an important zoonotic agent for humans. The novel SS cell surface protein, AtlASS, comprising the special GW module and N-acetylmuramidases domain, was designated as a putative autolysin. Indeed, the atlASS deletion mutant almost completely lost its activity in Triton X-100 induced bacterial autolysis, while the wild-type ...