Jump to Main Content
- Balka, Gyula, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2016 v.193 pp. 1-6
- Staphylococcus aureus; data analysis; economic impact; etiology; farming systems; farms; genes; genotype; polymerase chain reaction; rabbits; septicemia; surveys; tissue tropism; virulence; virulent strains; Hungary
- ... Staphylococcosis has a major economic impact on rabbit farming worldwide. Previous studies described a highly virulent variant, which is disseminated across Europe. Such strains are reported to be capable of inducing uncontrollable outbreaks.The authors describe a survey conducted on 374 Staphylococcus strains isolated from rabbit farms, mostly from Hungary, between 2009 and 2014, from a variety o ...
- Balka, Gyula, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2013 v.167 no.3-4 pp. 695-699
- Callithrix; Canine adenovirus A; Chiroptera; Equine adenovirus A; bronchopneumonia; dogs; epithelial cells; genes; giant cells; hyperplasia; virus transmission
- ... We describe the detection and successful isolation of a novel mastadenovirus from a pygmy marmoset (Callithrix [Cebuella] pygmaea) that died following an episode of severe respiratory signs. Pathologic/histopathologic examination revealed hydrothorax and catarrhal bronchopneumonia with pronounced desquamation of the bronchiolar epithelial cells, while in other airways a marked hyperplasia of the e ...