Jump to Main Content
- Blasdell, Kim R., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2014 v.174 no.3-4 pp. 547-553
- Ephemerovirus; Mansonia uniformis; cattle; genes; genomics; glycoproteins; new species; nucleotide sequences; sequence analysis; tropics; viruses; Australia; Central African Republic; Nigeria
- ... Koolpinyah virus (KOOLV) isolated from healthy Australian cattle and Yata virus (YATV) isolated from a pool of Mansonia uniformis mosquitoes in the Central African Republic have been tentatively identified as rhabdoviruses. KOOLV was shown previously to be related antigenically to kotonkon virus, an ephemerovirus that has caused an ephemeral fever-like illness in cattle in Nigeria, but YATV failed ...
- PubMed Central:
- Blasdell, Kim R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2017 v.207 pp. 7-12
- Akabane virus; Shuni virus; antibodies; blood serum; cattle; fetal death; goats; neutralization tests; risk; serological surveys; seroprevalence; serotypes; sheep; viruses; yaks; China; Japan; Korean Peninsula
- ... Akabane virus (AKAV) is a member of the Simbu serogroup, classified in the genus Orthobunyavirus, family Bunyaviridae. AKAV infection can cause abortion, stillbirth, and congenital arthrogryposis and hydranencephaly in cattle and sheep. The distribution and prevalence of AKAV infection in China is still unknown. A total of 2731 sera collected from 2006 to 2015 in 24 provinces of China from cattle, ...