Jump to Main Content
- Comerci, Diego J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2017 v.208 pp. 174-180
- Brucella melitensis biovar Canis; antigens; bitches; blood serum; breeding; brucellosis; diagnostic sensitivity; diagnostic techniques; dog diseases; financial economics; humans; immunoassays; lipopolysaccharides; monitoring; pathogens; risk; risk reduction; serodiagnosis; zoonoses
- ... Brucellosis is a widespread zoonotic disease caused by Brucella spp. Brucella canis is the etiological agent of canine brucellosis, a disease that can lead to sterility in bitches and dogs causing important economic losses in breeding kennels. Early and accurate diagnosis of canine brucellosis is central to control the disease and lower the risk of transmission to humans. Here, we develop and vali ...
- Comerci, Diego J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2014 v.172 no.3-4 pp. 455-465
- antibodies; antigens; blood serum; bovine brucellosis; cattle; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; glycoproteins; herds; humans; immunoglobulin G; milk; screening; serodiagnosis; vaccination; zoonoses; Argentina
- ... Brucellosis is a highly contagious zoonosis that affects livestock and human beings. Laboratory diagnosis of bovine brucellosis mainly relies on serological diagnosis using serum and/or milk samples. Although there are several serological tests with different diagnostic performance and capacity to differentiate vaccinated from infected animals, there is still no standardized reference antigen for ...