Jump to Main Content
- Kahane, Nili; Bdolah‐Abram, Tali; Raskansky, Hilli; Ofri, Ron
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2016 v.19 no.6 pp. 473-479
- Labrador Retriever; acetates; antihypertensive effect; eyes; guide dogs; ophthalmology; prednisolone; synthetic prostaglandins; Israel
- ... PURPOSE: Prostaglandin analogs contribute to blood‐aqueous barrier breakdown and may exacerbate uveitis. As these analogs induce de novo synthesis of endogenous prostaglandins, their therapeutic, hypotensive effect could potentially be inhibited by anti‐inflammatory treatment. We therefore evaluated whether topical 1% prednisolone acetate alters the effects of 0.005% latanoprost on pupil diameter ...
- Kahane, Nili; Raskansky, Hilli; Bdolah‐Abram, Tali; Ofri, Ron
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2016 v.19 no.6 pp. 464-472
- Labrador Retriever; antihypertensive effect; atropine; dogs; eyes; normal values; ophthalmology; risk; surgery; synthetic prostaglandins
- ... PURPOSE: Prostaglandin analogs induce miosis and lower intraocular pressure (IOP). As pupils of latanoprost‐treated eyes may have to be dilated for ophthalmoscopy or intraocular surgery, we studied whether 0.5% tropicamide or 1% atropine alter the effects of 0.005% latanoprost on pupil diameter (PD) and IOP in healthy dogs. METHODS: IOP and PD were measured hourly, 8 AM–4 PM, with the right and le ...