Jump to Main Content
- Stuckey, Jane A.; Rankin, Amy J.; Romkes, Gwendolyna; Slack, Jessica; Kiupel, Matti; Dubielzig, Richard R.
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2015 v.18 no.1 pp. 78-82
- biopsy, etc ; German Shepherd; color; dogs; excision; histopathology; males; mixed breeds; ophthalmology; patients; regrowth; Kansas; Wisconsin; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... A 10‐year‐old, castrated male, German Shepherd mixed‐breed dog was presented to Kansas State University Veterinary Health Center for evaluation of a subconjunctival swelling in the ventral fornix of the left orbit. The owner elected to pursue excision of the mass 2 years after initial consultation following a sudden change in the size and color of the lesion. An excisional biopsy was performed, an ...
- Overton, Taryn L.; Allbaugh, Rachel A.; Whitley, David; Ben‐Shlomo, Gil; Griggs, Angel; Tofflemire, Kyle L.; Whitley, Elizabeth M.
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2015 v.18 no.4 pp. 350-354
- biopsy, etc ; adverse effects; anesthesia; cell biology; cornea; cost effectiveness; cyclosporine; discoloration; dogs; females; fluorouracil; histopathology; lymph nodes; metastasis; ointments; ophthalmology; patients; pigmentation; radiography; spaying; squamous cell carcinoma; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: To describe the use of a pulse‐dose topical 5‐fluorouracil (5‐FU) treatment regimen in a Pug dog with corneal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). METHODS: A 1‐year‐old, spayed female Pug was evaluated for a corneal perforation of the right eye, which was surgically stabilized with a conjunctival pedicle graft. At the time of medial canthoplasty 7 weeks later, two areas of gray–white discolorat ...