Jump to Main Content
- Niwa, Hidekazu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2011 v.14 no.4 pp. 267-270
- Mortierella; case studies; cattle; eyes; fillies; fungi; hyphae; medical treatment; microbial growth; opacity
- ... Purpose To describe a case of superficial keratomycosis caused by Mortierella wolfii (M. wolfii) in a horse. Methods A thoroughbred filly was presented with painful right eye of 2 days' duration. A superficial corneal ulcer was observed ventrally together with multifocal punctuate opacities axially. Samples were collected by swabbing and scraping the ulcerated lesion and submitted for microbiologi ...
- Niwa, Hidekazu, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2010 v.13 no.2 pp. 99-105
- racehorses; horse diseases; keratitis; cornea; etiology; disease prevalence; Japan
- ... To describe the number of cases, etiologies, healing times, and results of microbial culture and susceptibility testing of corneal ulcers in thoroughbred racehorses in Japan. Retrospective study of the medical records of racehorses belonging to the Japan Racing Association (JRA) from 1997 to 2008. A total of 2846 horses suffered ulcerative keratitis. These horses accounted for 90.5% of all the cor ...