Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xiaocen; Gong, Pengtao; Zhang, Nan; Li, Lu; Chen, Sining; Jia, Lijun; Liu, Xianyong; Li, Jianhua; Zhang, Xichen
- Veterinary parasitology 2019 v.268 pp. 16-20
- parasites, etc ; Neospora caninum; adenosine triphosphate; caspase-1; cattle; cattle diseases; cell death; cell lines; immune response; inflammasomes; macrophages; mice; neosporosis; oligomerization; pathogens; receptors; tachyzoites; vaccines; vacuoles; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Neospora caninum is an intracellular parasite that causes neosporosis in cattle. Bovine neosporosis is considered a major cause of bovine abortion worldwide. Rapid replication of N. caninum tachyzoites within host cells is responsible for the acute phase of N. caninum infection. Evidence shows that the host immune response plays an essential role in recognizing and regulating the replication of in ...
- Calarco, Larissa; Ellis, John
- Veterinary parasitology 2019 v.265 pp. 29-37
- parasites, etc ; Neospora caninum; Toxoplasma gondii; adenosine triphosphate; adhesins; adhesion; antigens; beef cattle; bioinformatics; cattle diseases; cattle industry; cell adhesion; dairy cattle; dogs; gene ontology; genes; immune system; models; phosphoprotein phosphatase; proteolysis; sequence homology; transmembrane proteins; vaccination; vaccines; virulence; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Neospora caninum is a parasite of veterinary and economic importance, affecting beef and dairy cattle industries globally. While this species has been recognised as a serious cause of disease in cattle and dogs for over 30 years, treatment and control options are still not available. Furthermore, whilst vaccination was identified as the most economic control strategy, vaccine discovery programs re ...