Jump to Main Content
- Wesołowska, Agnieszka; Basałaj, Katarzyna; Norbury, Luke J.; Sielicka, Alicja; Wędrychowicz, Halina; Zawistowska-Deniziak, Anna
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.255 pp. 91-96
- vaccination, etc ; Fasciola hepatica; antibodies; cathepsins; disease control; experimental design; fascioliasis; females; humoral immunity; immune response; immunoglobulin G; juveniles; liver flukes; males; protective effect; rats; sexual dimorphism; vaccines; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Most animal research is less evidence-based for females, with the majority of studies conducted on males. Since immune responses vary between males and females, sexual dimorphism in immunity contributes, among other things, to sex-based differences post-vaccination. However, the issue of sex effects in animal vaccine research is rarely considered in vaccine study design. Previously, we have evalua ...
- Alling, Christopher; Rae, D. Owen; Ma, Xiaojie; Neumann, Laura; Lollis, L. Gene; Steele, Elizabeth; Yelvington, John; Naikare, Hemant K.; Walden, Heather Stockdale; Crews, John; Boughton, Raoul
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.255 pp. 69-73
- vaccination, etc ; Tritrichomonas foetus; antibodies; beef bulls; blood sampling; diagnostic techniques; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; humoral immunity; immune response; immunoglobulin G; parasites; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; vaccines; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The utility of therapeutic vaccination of bulls against Tritrichomonas foetus has been advocated in previous studies, but anecdotal reports suggest this practice does not clear infections and may additionally confound diagnostic testing by reducing parasite burdens below detectable limits. The objective of this study was to characterize the systemic humoral immune response to therapeutic vaccinati ...