Jump to Main Content
- Wesołowska, Agnieszka; Basałaj, Katarzyna; Norbury, Luke J; Sielicka, Alicja; Wędrychowicz, Halina; Zawistowska-Deniziak, Anna
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.250 pp. 15-21
- vaccination, etc ; Fasciola hepatica; animal models; antibodies; antigens; cathepsins; drug resistance; fascioliasis; immune response; immunoglobulin G; juveniles; liver; liver flukes; livestock; migratory behavior; rats; vaccines; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... No licensed vaccine is currently available for prevention of Fasciola hepatica infections. However, considering the alarming increase in drug resistance, there is an urgent need for a safe and fully effective vaccine against fasciolosis. Here, we tested if cathepsins L (FhCL3-1, FhCL3-2) and B (FhCB3) secreted by juvenile liver flukes are viable vaccine targets when delivered alone or in combinati ...
- Wesołowska, Agnieszka; Basałaj, Katarzyna; Norbury, Luke J.; Sielicka, Alicja; Wędrychowicz, Halina; Zawistowska-Deniziak, Anna
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.255 pp. 91-96
- vaccination, etc ; Fasciola hepatica; antibodies; cathepsins; disease control; experimental design; fascioliasis; females; humoral immunity; immune response; immunoglobulin G; juveniles; liver flukes; males; protective effect; rats; sexual dimorphism; vaccines; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Most animal research is less evidence-based for females, with the majority of studies conducted on males. Since immune responses vary between males and females, sexual dimorphism in immunity contributes, among other things, to sex-based differences post-vaccination. However, the issue of sex effects in animal vaccine research is rarely considered in vaccine study design. Previously, we have evalua ...