Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: pekka?
- Jokelainen, Pikka, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Veterinary parasitology 2017 v.244 pp. 7-11
- Dirofilaria immitis; Dirofilaria repens; babesiosis; dog diseases; dogs; heartworms; questionnaires; surveys; veterinarians; zoonoses; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; Iceland; Latvia; Lithuania; Norway; Scandinavia; Sweden
- ... Canine vector-borne diseases have been spreading northwards in Europe, and canine babesiosis and infections with Dirofilaria immitis (heartworm) and Dirofilaria repens have been diagnosed also in the Baltic and the Nordic countries. We used an online questionnaire to survey how large a proportion of veterinarians in the Baltic (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) and the Nordic countries (Denmark, Fin ...
- Jokelainen, Pikka, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2017 v.236 pp. 137-143
- Holstein; Protozoa; Toxoplasma gondii; age; agglutination tests; antibodies; beef; beef cattle; cross-sectional studies; dairy cattle; dairy farming; epidemiological studies; farms; herd size; immunoglobulin G; livestock and meat industry; parasites; seroprevalence; testing; Estonia
- ... Toxoplasma gondii is a zoonotic protozoan parasite that thrives in Estonia. In this nationwide cross-sectional study, we tested sera from 3991 cattle, collected from 228 farms in 2012–2013, for anti-T. gondii immunoglobulin G antibodies using a commercial direct agglutination test. Titer of 100 was set as cut-off: samples that tested positive at the dilution 1:100 were defined as positive. The app ...