Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Ana Elisa Pereira; Freitas, Corina da Costa; Dutra, Luciano Vieira; Molento, Marcelo Beltrão
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 7-13
- Fasciola hepatica; cattle; environmental factors; fascioliasis; humans; linear models; liver; parasites; regression analysis; risk; risk assessment; temperature; time series analysis; Brazil
- ... Fasciola hepatica is the causative agent of fasciolosis, a disease that triggers a chronic inflammatory process in the liver affecting mainly ruminants and other animals including humans. In Brazil, F. hepatica occurs in larger numbers in the most Southern state of Rio Grande do Sul. The objective of this study was to estimate areas at risk using an eight-year (2002–2010) time series of climatic a ...
- Cañón-Franco, William Alberto; López-Orozco, Natalia; Christoff, Alexandre Uarth; de Castilho, Camila Schlieper; de Araújo, Flavio Antônio Pacheco; Verma, Shiv Kumar; Dubey, J.P.; Soares, Rodrigo Martins; Gennari, Solange Maria
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 15-20
- Leopardus colocolo; Leopardus geoffroyi; Leopardus pardalis; Leopardus wiedii; Puma yagouaroundi; Sarcocystis; accidents; cats; definitive hosts; histology; internal transcribed spacers; opossums; parasites; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; sarcocysts; sequence analysis; tissues; transmission electron microscopy; tropics; Brazil; United States
- ... Wild felids are thought to share parasites with domestic cats. However, little is known of the coccidian parasites of wild felids. We investigated the presence of Sarcocystis spp. in tissues of 6 species of 90 Neotropical small felids killed in road accidents in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil by using microscopic and molecular techniques. Formalin-fixed tissues from 28 felids were examined ...