Jump to Main Content
- Sangster, Lucy; Blake, Damer P.; Robinson, Guy; Hopkins, Timothy C.; Sa, Ricardo C.C.; Cunningham, Andrew A.; Chalmers, Rachel M.; Lawson, Becki
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 39-44
- Cryptosporidium parvum; Erinaceus europaeus; Protozoa; body weight; cryptosporidiosis; epidemiology; feces; genes; glycoproteins; health status; humans; livestock; monitoring; parasites; polymerase chain reaction; public health; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; wildlife; Great Britain
- ... Surveillance was conducted for the occurrence of protozoan parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium in European hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus) in Great Britain. In total, 108 voided faecal samples were collected from hedgehogs newly admitted to eight wildlife casualty treatment and rehabilitation centres. Terminal large intestinal (LI) contents from three hedgehog carcasses were also analysed. Info ...
- Adriana, Gyӧrke; Zsuzsa, Kalmár; Mirabela Oana, Dumitrache; Mircea, Gherman Călin; Viorica, Mircean
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 71-75
- Giardia lamblia; Nyctereutes procyonoides; Ondatra zibethicus; cats; dogs; feces; genes; genotype; genotyping; glutamate dehydrogenase; loci; mixed infection; polymerase chain reaction; restriction fragment length polymorphism; sodium chloride; specific gravity; wild animals; wolves; Romania
- ... Sixty Giardia duodenalis isolates from domestic (n=49) and wild (n=11) animals (dogs, cats, deers, wolves, raccoon dog and muskrat) were analysed by PCR-RFLP at glutamate dehydrogenase locus (gdh). The isolates were obtained from positive feces samples for Giardia cysts analysed by flotation technique with saturated sodium chloride solution (specific gravity 1.28).Three G. duodenalis genotypes wer ...