Jump to Main Content
- Adriana, Gyӧrke; Zsuzsa, Kalmár; Mirabela Oana, Dumitrache; Mircea, Gherman Călin; Viorica, Mircean
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 71-75
- Giardia lamblia; Nyctereutes procyonoides; Ondatra zibethicus; cats; dogs; feces; genes; genotype; genotyping; glutamate dehydrogenase; loci; mixed infection; polymerase chain reaction; restriction fragment length polymorphism; sodium chloride; specific gravity; wild animals; wolves; Romania
- ... Sixty Giardia duodenalis isolates from domestic (n=49) and wild (n=11) animals (dogs, cats, deers, wolves, raccoon dog and muskrat) were analysed by PCR-RFLP at glutamate dehydrogenase locus (gdh). The isolates were obtained from positive feces samples for Giardia cysts analysed by flotation technique with saturated sodium chloride solution (specific gravity 1.28).Three G. duodenalis genotypes wer ...
- da Cunha, Maria Júlia Rodrigues; Cury, Márcia Cristina; Santín, Monica
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 108-112
- Enterocytozoon; chickens; feces; genotype; human diseases; humans; markets; pathogens; pollution; polymerase chain reaction; Brazil; Peru
- ... A total of 151 fecal specimens from chickens were randomly collected from local markets in Uberlândia and Belo Horizonte in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, to evaluate the presence of Enterocytozoon bieneusi by polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Enterocytozoon bieneusi was identified in 24 fecal samples (15.9%). This represents the first report of E. bieneusi in chickens in Brazil. All PCR-positi ...