Jump to Main Content
- Sangster, Lucy; Blake, Damer P.; Robinson, Guy; Hopkins, Timothy C.; Sa, Ricardo C.C.; Cunningham, Andrew A.; Chalmers, Rachel M.; Lawson, Becki
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 39-44
- Cryptosporidium parvum; Erinaceus europaeus; Protozoa; body weight; cryptosporidiosis; epidemiology; feces; genes; glycoproteins; health status; humans; livestock; monitoring; parasites; polymerase chain reaction; public health; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; wildlife; Great Britain
- ... Surveillance was conducted for the occurrence of protozoan parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium in European hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus) in Great Britain. In total, 108 voided faecal samples were collected from hedgehogs newly admitted to eight wildlife casualty treatment and rehabilitation centres. Terminal large intestinal (LI) contents from three hedgehog carcasses were also analysed. Info ...
- da Cunha, Maria Júlia Rodrigues; Cury, Márcia Cristina; Santín, Monica
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.217 pp. 108-112
- Enterocytozoon; chickens; feces; genotype; human diseases; humans; markets; pathogens; pollution; polymerase chain reaction; Brazil; Peru
- ... A total of 151 fecal specimens from chickens were randomly collected from local markets in Uberlândia and Belo Horizonte in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, to evaluate the presence of Enterocytozoon bieneusi by polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Enterocytozoon bieneusi was identified in 24 fecal samples (15.9%). This represents the first report of E. bieneusi in chickens in Brazil. All PCR-positi ...