Jump to Main Content
- Nativel, Priscilla; Rahantamalala, Anjanirina; Ramiandrisoa, Sitraka; Rasoamampianinaa, Virginie; Duchateau, Magalie; Chamot-Rooke, Julia; Guebey, Remy; Rasamoelina-Andriamanivo, Harentsoaniaina; Jambou, Ronan
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.220 pp. 23-27
- larvae, etc ; Taenia solium; Western blotting; adults; antigens; brain; cysticerci; diagnostic techniques; disease control; eggs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; expressed sequence tags; feces; food contamination; gels; humans; immunoaffinity chromatography; ingestion; ion exchange chromatography; mass spectrometry; neurocysticercosis; proteins; rural areas; seizures; swine; tapeworms; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Neurocysticercosis (NCC) is one of the most prevalent parasitic infection of the brain and the most common cause of seizures in adults in tropical countries. Cysticercosis is caused by larvae of Taenia solium, a human tapeworm. Pig or humans are infected by ingestion of eggs in food contaminated by human feces. Diagnosis and treatment of pigs is a pillar of the control of the disease in a country. ...
- de Cezaro, Marcela C.; Tvarijonaviciute, Asta; Tecles, Fernando; Céron, José J.; Eckersall, David P.; Ferreira, João C.P.; Schmidt, Elizabeth M.S.
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.219 pp. 1-6
- larvae, etc ; Cooperia; Dictyocaulus; Haemonchus; Oesophagostomum; Strongylidae; Trichostrongylus; acetylcholinesterase; acute phase proteins; albumins; aryldialkylphosphatase; blood serum; calcium; calves; cholinesterase; eggs; fecal egg count; feces; gastrointestinal system; haptoglobins; high density lipoprotein; iron; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; lungworms; minerals; parasitoses; phosphorus; protein content; triacylglycerols; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Parasitic infections caused by nematodes are a major problem in bovines that resulting in losses in animal health and production. Thus, the aim of this study was to evaluate alterations in selected serum biochemical analytes in calves naturally infected with gastrointestinal (GI) and pulmonary nematodes without clinical signs. For this, samples of feces and blood of 86 calves were collected. Fecal ...