Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Jianbin; Xiao, Lihua; Wang, Yuanfei; Guo, Yaqiong; Roellig, Dawn M.; Feng, Yaoyu
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.210 no.3-4 pp. 235-239
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; ewes; farms; feces; genes; genotype; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; glutamic acid; internal transcribed spacers; lambs; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... To examine the occurrence and genotype distribution of Giardia duodenalis and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in sheep, fecal specimens were collected from 162 lambs and 213 ewes on seven farms in the Hulunbeier Prairie in Inner Mongolia, China. By PCR analysis of the triose-phosphate isomerase gene, 16 of the 375 (4.3%) specimens were positive for G. duodenalis, with 13 sequenced successfully belonging t ...
- Roellig, Dawn M.; Salzer, Johanna S.; Carroll, Darin S.; Ritter, Jana M.; Drew, Clifton; Gallardo-Romero, Nadia; Keckler, M. Shannon; Langham, Gregory; Hutson, Christina L.; Karem, Kevin L.; Gillespie, Thomas R.; Visvesvara, Govinda S.; Metcalfe, Maureen G.; Damon, Inger K.; Xiao, Lihua
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.210 no.1-2 pp. 91-97
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Cynomys ludovicianus; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; colon; electron microscopy; feces; genes; genotype; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; histology; humans; laboratory animals; parasites; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; small intestine; staining; surveys; trophozoites; weight loss; wildlife; Colorado; Kansas; Texas; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Since 2005, black-tailed prairie dogs (Cynomys ludovicianus) have been collected for use as research animals from field sites in Kansas, Colorado, and Texas. In January of 2012, Giardia trophozoites were identified by histology, thin-section electron microscopy, and immunofluorescent staining in the lumen of the small intestine and colon of a prairie dog euthanized because of extreme weight loss. ...
- PubMed Central: