Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Jianbin; Xiao, Lihua; Wang, Yuanfei; Guo, Yaqiong; Roellig, Dawn M.; Feng, Yaoyu
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.210 no.3-4 pp. 235-239
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; ewes; farms; feces; genes; genotype; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; glutamic acid; internal transcribed spacers; lambs; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... To examine the occurrence and genotype distribution of Giardia duodenalis and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in sheep, fecal specimens were collected from 162 lambs and 213 ewes on seven farms in the Hulunbeier Prairie in Inner Mongolia, China. By PCR analysis of the triose-phosphate isomerase gene, 16 of the 375 (4.3%) specimens were positive for G. duodenalis, with 13 sequenced successfully belonging t ...
- Qi, Meng; Yu, Fuchang; Li, Shouyi; Wang, Haiyan; Luo, Nannan; Huang, Jianying; Zhang, Longxian
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.208 no.3-4 pp. 113-117
- triose-phosphate isomerase, etc ; Chinchilla lanigera; Giardia lamblia; cities; genes; genotype; genotyping; giardiasis; giardin protein; glutamate dehydrogenase; hosts; human diseases; humans; nucleotide sequences; parasites; pets; ribosomal RNA; small intestine; wildlife; China; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Giardia duodenalis is a common protozoan that colonizes and reproduces in the small intestine, causing giardiasis. This parasite infects a wide range of vertebrate hosts, including humans, domestic animals and wildlife. It has been suggested that chinchillas (Chinchilla lanigera) kept as domestic pets are potential reservoirs for the zoonotic transmission of G. duodenalis. In this study, 140 chinc ...