Jump to Main Content
- Jenkins, M.C.; Caver, J.A.; Bjorkman, C.; Anderson, T.C.; Romand, S.; Vinyard, B.; Uggla, A.; Thulliez, P.; Dubey, J.P.
- Veterinary parasitology 2000 v.94 no.1/2 pp. 17
- dairy cows; dairy herds; Neospora caninum; protozoal infections; antibody detection; seroprevalence; agglutination tests; fluorescent antibody technique; age; neosporosis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; South Carolina
- ... An outbreak of Neospora caninum-associated abortion occurred in a South Carolina dairy wherein greater than 10% of the herd aborted over a 4-month period. Of the total number of cows at mid-late gestation, nearly 40% (28/71) aborted while the remaining 60% (43/71) gave birth to normal calves. Immunohistochemical examination of brain tissue from a subset of aborted fetuses confirmed N. caninum as t ...