Jump to Main Content
- Stekolnikov, Alexandr A.; Waap, Helga; Gomes, Jacinto; Antunes, Tânia
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.221 pp. 60-63
- chiggers, etc ; Neotrombicula; basins; dogs; humans; parasitism; pets; pruritus; Mediterranean region; Portugal; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Diversity of chigger mites causing trombiculiasis of domestic animals and humans in Europe is greatly underestimated. A number of reports on the attacks of “harvest mite” (Neotrombicula autumnalis) could be based on misidentified chiggers from other species and genera. In this study descriptions of two cases of trombiculiasis are presented, which constitute the first report on the pets’ parasitism ...
- Gomez-Puerta, Luis A.; Olazabal, Juan; Lopez-Urbina, María T.; Gonzalez, Armando E.
- Veterinary parasitology 2012 v.190 no.1-2 pp. 294-296
- chiggers, etc ; Eutrombicula; alopecia; alpacas; dermatitis; eyes; mite infestations; skin folds; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Trombiculiasis is an infestation caused by larvae members of the family Trombiculidae, common called chigger mites. In this study is presented the first case of trombiculiasis caused by the infestation of chigger mite Eutrombicula in alpacas from Peru. Twenty-two alpacas of a total of 130 animals were infested by Eutrombicula sp. The chigger mite location was only in the face skin folds and around ...