Jump to Main Content
- Kimura, N.; Yoshimura, I.; Sako, T.; Inoue, A.; Tadami, K.; Arai, T.
- Veterinary research communications 2005 v.29 no.1 pp. 19-26
- aspartate transaminase; NADP-glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase; cattle feeding; crossbreds; hexokinase; energy metabolism; malate dehydrogenase; blood glucose; triacylglycerols; cytosol; leukocytes; cholesterol; steers; Holstein; insulin; mitochondria; finishing; enzyme activity; Wagyu; animal age
- ... Glucose, triglyceride, cholesterol and immunoreactive insulin (IRI) concentrations, some enzyme activities in plasma, and activities of enzymes related to energy metabolism in peripheral leukocytes were measured in fattening Japanese Black Wagyu x Holstein steers fed on different diets at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 months of age. The plasma IRI concentrations at 20 and 24 months of age were significantl ...
- Al-Qarawi, A.A.; Ali, B.H.
- Veterinary research communications 2005 v.29 no.1 pp. 81-90
- sheep; goats; animal stress; aggregation behavior; xylazine; betaine; stress tolerance; vocalization; heart rate; breathing; cortisol; blood glucose; magnesium; thiocyanates; hematocrit; lymphocyte count; hemoglobin; intravenous injection; males; desert animals; Saudi Arabia
- ... We studied some behavioural, clinical, biochemical and haematological variables in Desert (Najdi) sheep and goats subjected to the acute stressful stimulus of isolation from the flock, and the influence of pretreatment with xylazine (n = 6) or sodium betaine (n = 6). The isolation stress resulted in increased vocalization and in variable and statistically nonsignificant increases in heart, pulse a ...