Jump to Main Content
- Falkenberg, Shollie M.; Dassanayake, Rohana P.; Neill, John D.; Ridpath, Julia F.
- Virology 2017 v.509 pp. 260-265
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus; RNA; RNA probes; bioassays; cattle; cell lines; enzootic bovine leukosis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; flow cytometry; fluorescence microscopy; immunomodulation; lymphatic system; lymphocytes; microbial detection; mixed infection; models; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; viruses
- ... Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infections, whether as acute, persistent or contributing to co-infections, result in significant losses for cattle producers. BVDV can be identified by real-time PCR and ELISA, detection and quantification of viral infection at the single cell level is extremely difficult. Detection at the single lymphoid cell level is important due to the immunomodulation that a ...
- Chrzastek, Klaudia; Smith, Diane; Sharma, Poonam; Suarez, David L.; Pantin-Jackwood, Mary; Kapczynski, Darrell R.; Lee, Dong-hun
- Virology 2017 v.509 pp. 159-166
- Infectious bronchitis virus; Influenza A virus; Newcastle disease virus; RNA; birds; genome; genome assembly; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; metagenomics; microbial detection; nucleotide sequences; rapid methods; viruses
- ... Current technologies with next generation sequencing have revolutionized metagenomics analysis of clinical samples. To achieve the non-selective amplification and recovery of low abundance genetic sequences, a simplified Sequence-Independent, Single-Primer Amplification (SISPA) technique in combination with MiSeq platform was applied to target negative- and positive-sense single-stranded RNA viral ...