Jump to Main Content
- Lyu, Chuang; Wang, Shuwen; Sun, Mingxia; Tang, Yandong; Peng, Jinmei; Tian, Zhijun; Cai, Xuehui
- Virus genes 2018 v.54 no.3 pp. 406-413
- piglets, etc ; DNA; Suid herpesvirus 1; cerebral cortex; encephalitis; fluorescent antibody technique; ganglia; gene deletion; genes; kinetics; microbial growth; neurites; pathogenicity; viral load; viruses; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Pseudorabies virus (PRV) is a neurotropic virus with the ability to infect peripheral sensory ganglia. The transport of PRV from the peripheral to the central nervous system can cause lethal encephalitis in young piglets. However, the pathogenicity of PRV in the cerebral cortex remains poorly understood. In the present study, we developed a porcine cerebral cortex primary culture system (PCCS) usi ...
- Lara-Romero, Rocío; Gómez-Núñez, Luis; Cerriteño-Sánchez, JoséLuis; Márquez-Valdelamar, Laura; Mendoza-Elvira, Susana; Ramírez-Mendoza, Humberto; Rivera-Benítez, JoséFrancisco
- Virus genes 2018 v.54 no.2 pp. 215-224
- piglets, etc ; Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus; amino acids; collagenase; diarrhea; disease outbreaks; epitopes; farms; genes; intestines; loss-of-function mutation; phylogeny; probability; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Mexico; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In Mexico, the first outbreaks suggestive of the circulation of the porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV) were identified at the beginning of July 2013. To identify the molecular characteristics of the PEDV Spike (S) gene in Mexico, 116 samples of the intestine and diarrhea of piglets with clinical signs of porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) were obtained. Samples were collected from 14 farms locate ...