Jump to Main Content
- Gundupalli, Marttin Paulraj; Bhattacharyya, Debraj
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 701-708
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; dried foods; ethanol; ethanol production; fermentation; food waste; hydrolysates; liquids; reducing sugars; response surface methodology; sugar content; sulfuric acid; total soluble solids
- ... Ethanol production from acid pretreated food waste hydrolysate using immobilized Saccharomyces cerevisiae 74D694 was investigated under different conditions in a batch experiment. Ethanol yield was measured at different time intervals (38, 48, 72, 96 and 105 h) using different immobilized bead ratios (25:100, 30:100, 40:100, 50:100 and 54:100, w/v). Food waste was pretreated using dilute sulphuric ...
- Sasaki, Chizuru; Kiyokawa, Ami; Asada, Chikako; Nakamura, Yoshitoshi
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 599-607
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; carbon; catalysts; cellobiose; cotton; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; fermentation; formic acid; glucose; hot water treatment; hydrolysis; hydroxymethylfurfural; levulinic acid; microwave treatment; steaming; sulfuric acid; temperature; wastes; water solubility
- ... Direct hydrolysis of a towel to glucose was investigated using steam explosion and microwave-assisted treatment to find effective uses for cotton waste. The maximum glucose yield by direct hydrolysis (based on an untreated towel) was 18.8%, obtained at a steam pressure of 5.5 MPa (at 271 °C) and steaming time of 5 min using steam explosion. For the microwave-assisted treatment, with a 1.0 (w/w)% s ...