Jump to Main Content
- Siddiqui, M. T. H.; Nizamuddin, Sabzoi; Mubarak, N. M.; Shirin, Khaula; Aijaz, Muhammad; Hussain, Munir; Baloch, Humair Ahmed
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 521-532
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agricultural wastes; biochar; biomass; chemical analysis; cost effectiveness; fuels; heat treatment; particle size; pyrolysis; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; temperature
- ... Agricultural waste is considered as a burden all over the world due to its disposal issues. In this research an effort is made to utilize agricultural residue for the production of cost effective and environmental friendly fuel. The study also focused on investigation of role of best process conditions to get optimized biochar (OB) from the slow pyrolysis of novel biomass, waste pomegranate peel ( ...
- Adebisi, Jeleel Adekunle; Agunsoye, Johnson Olumuyiwa; Bello, Sefiu Adekunle; Kolawole, Funsho O.; Ramakokovhu, Mercy Munyadziwa; Daramola, Michael Olawale; Hassan, Suleiman Bolaji
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 617-629
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy; agricultural wastes; ash content; burning; cassava; corn stover; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; equations; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; periderm; pollution; proximate composition; response surface methodology; silica; silicates; silicon; statistical analysis; sugarcane bagasse; temperature; thermogravimetry; weight loss
- ... Indiscriminate disposal and burning of agricultural wastes constitute environmental pollution and increase in greenhouse gases emission. Renewable nature and availability of agricultural wastes has stimulated researchers to explore “wastes to wealth creation” policy. Three agricultural wastes were investigated for potential use for silica production. Proximate analysis, thermogravimetric analysis ...