Jump to Main Content
- Block, C.; Ephraim, A.; Weiss-Hortala, E.; Minh, D. Pham; Nzihou, A.; Vandecasteele, C.
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 483-509
- air; biomass; carbon monoxide; catalysts; coal; feedstocks; hydrogen; oxygen; plastics; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes
- ... Over the past few decades, the sharp rise in post-consumer plastic and biomass waste has resulted in an ever growing challenge to treat such waste sustainably. Co-pyrogasification of plastics and biomass mixtures, as opposed to separately converting these waste streams, offers several advantages including an improvement in syngas quality and composition (H₂/CO ratio) in relation to the desired app ...
- Gauthier-Maradei, Paola; Cely Valderrama, Yeniffer; Nabarlatz, Debora
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 561-573
- analysis of variance; depolymerization; differential scanning calorimetry; feedstocks; mathematical models; polymers; prediction; pyrolysis; reaction mechanisms; rubber; temperature; tires
- ... A chemical reaction mechanism is proposed to describe the pyrolysis of scrap tire rubber based on the decomposition of their three main polymer compounds (natural, butadiene and styrene-butadiene rubbers). Samples of each polymer were tested separately using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) at the same operating conditions (heating rate, temperature and atmosphere). The thermograms clearly ...