Jump to Main Content
- Block, C.; Ephraim, A.; Weiss-Hortala, E.; Minh, D. Pham; Nzihou, A.; Vandecasteele, C.
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 483-509
- air; biomass; carbon monoxide; catalysts; coal; feedstocks; hydrogen; oxygen; plastics; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes
- ... Over the past few decades, the sharp rise in post-consumer plastic and biomass waste has resulted in an ever growing challenge to treat such waste sustainably. Co-pyrogasification of plastics and biomass mixtures, as opposed to separately converting these waste streams, offers several advantages including an improvement in syngas quality and composition (H₂/CO ratio) in relation to the desired app ...
- Madadian, E.; Akbarzadeh, A. H.; Orsat, V.; Lefsrud, M.
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...