Jump to Main Content
- Abu Jahar, Noorhasmiera; Pua, Fei-ling; Chyi, Wong Jia; Mostapha, Marhaini; Zakaria, Sarani; Chia, Chin Hua; Syed Jaafar, Sharifah Nabihah
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 655-660
- Elaeis guineensis; carbon; catalysts; fuel production; glucose; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrochloric acid; methanolysis; mixing; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pressing; sap; sulfuric acid; wastes
- ... Core oil palm trunk (COPT) is a lignocellulosic waste that poses as an alternative carbon source in bio-chemical and bio-fuel production. The bulk of free sugar present in its sap renders COPT as a potential starting material in the synthesis of methyl levulinate (ML). In this study, the effect of different sap extractions on COPT and synthesised methyl levulinate respectively was analysed. COPT s ...
- Bostanci, Hüseyin; Ok, Selçuk; Yilmaz, Emin
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 681-690
- acidity; ambient temperature; antioxidant activity; arginine; beta-sitosterol; calcium; campesterol; chocolate liquor; citric acid; color; crystallization; flour; glutamic acid; histidine; ingredients; lecithins; leucine; linoleic acid; lysine; magnesium; minerals; molasses; new products; odors; oils; oleic acid; palmitic acid; peroxide value; phenolic compounds; plastics; potassium; potassium sorbate; product development; proline; protein content; sodium; sugars; thermal analysis
- ... The aim of this study was to utilize pepperseed flour in spreadable new product development. Two formulations, chocolate type and molasses type, were evaluated. Both formulations included 23.67 and 30.11% pepperseed flour, chocolate liquor or molasses as aroma source, sugar, palm oil, citric acid, potassium sorbate and lecithin as the ingredients. While ash and protein contents were similar, moist ...