Jump to Main Content
- E. Madadian; A. H. Akbarzadeh; V. Orsat; M. Lefsrud
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...
- E. Madadian; A. H. Akbarzadeh; M. Lefsrud
- Waste and biomass valorization 2018 v.9 no.9 pp. 1629-1643
- biofuels; biomass; carbon dioxide enrichment; chemical analysis; chemical composition; composite wood products; differential scanning calorimetry; endothermy; energy content; glass transition; greenhouses; image analysis; industrialization; pellets; plastics; power generation; scanning electron microscopes; temperature; thermal conductivity; thermogravimetry; wood fibers
- ... Biomass pellets, as renewable multifunctional resources, cannot only be exploited for heating and power generation but also for greenhouse carbon dioxide enrichment. Composite pellets of plastics and wood fibers are one of the industrialized alternative biomass with improved multiphysical properties. In this study, thermal and chemical analysis along with the scanning electron microscope imaging w ...