Jump to Main Content
- E. Madadian; A. H. Akbarzadeh; V. Orsat; M. Lefsrud
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...
- Jennifer V. Littlejohns; James Butler; Luis Luque; Kevin Austin
- Waste and biomass valorization 2020 v.11 no.12 pp. 6885-6901
- angle of repose; bioenergy; biogasification; biomass; bulk density; combustion; electricity generation; feedstocks; greenhouse gases; internal combustion engines; landfills; oriented strandboards; particulates; producer gas; synthesis gas; temperature; wastes; wood; wood chips
- ... Small-scale biomass gasification systems integrated with internal combustion engines can be a solution to the dual challenges of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from electricity production and reducing waste sent to landfills; however, these systems are typically designed for high-value, virgin wood chip feedstocks. This investigation aims to improve the feasibility of this technology by explori ...