Jump to Main Content
- E. Madadian; A. H. Akbarzadeh; V. Orsat; M. Lefsrud
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...
- Donata Drapanauskaite; Kristina Buneviciene; Regina Repsiene; Romas Mazeika; Juan Navea; Jonas Baltrusaitis
- Waste and biomass valorization 2021 v.12 no.3 pp. 1267-1280
- X-ray diffraction; acid soils; application rate; atomic absorption spectrometry; biomass; byproducts; calcium; cement; chemical analysis; dolomite; dust; elemental composition; energy; grain yield; industry; kilns; limestone; magnesium; pellets; physicochemical properties; porosity; spring barley; straw; wastes
- ... Lime kiln dust (LKD) is a fine particulate material by-product produced during the lime burning processes. Current reuse options are chiefly focused on reuse in the cement industry which are limited by the inherent porosity of this by-product. Due to the presence of calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg) and other elements which can serve as micronutrients to the plants, LKD has the potential to be used as ...