Jump to Main Content
- De Morais Lima, Priscila; Olivo, Fernanda; Paulo, Paula Loureiro; Schalch, Valdir; Cimpan, Ciprian
- Waste management 2019 v.90 pp. 59-71
- anaerobic digestion; composting; energy; environmental impact; environmental performance; life cycle assessment; municipal solid waste; planning; socioeconomics; urban areas; Brazil
- ... A crucial first step in transforming problematic waste management into sustainable integrated systems is comprehensive planning and analysis of environmental and socio-economic effects. The work presented here is a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) that addressed the environmental performance of prospective development pathways for the municipal solid waste (MSW) management system in a large urban area, ...
- Albizzati, Paola Federica; Tonini, Davide; Chammard, Charlotte Boyer; Astrup, Thomas Fruergaard
- Waste management 2019 v.90 pp. 141-151
- anaerobic digestion; consequential life cycle assessment; cost analysis; cradle-to-grave; economic impact; ecosystem services; energy; feeds; food waste; high-value products; issues and policy; land use change; retail marketing; tax credit; waste management; France
- ... The retail sector, generating large amounts of food waste in a limited and well-defined number of locations, represents a unique opportunity for the implementation of waste minimisation policies targeting food waste and surplus food. France has introduced policy measures forcing retailers to prioritise the redistribution of surplus food to charity (donation) and/or diversion to animal feed. To eva ...