Jump to Main Content
- Chhabra, Vibhuti; Bhattacharya, Sankar; Shastri, Yogendra
- Waste management 2019 v.90 pp. 152-167
- activation energy; biomass; fabrics; food waste; municipal solid waste; paper; polyethylene; polyethylene terephthalates; polypropylenes; polystyrenes; pyrolysis; rubber; synergism; temperature; thermogravimetry; waste management; yard wastes
- ... Mixed municipal solid waste, consisting of ten major components such as yard waste, food waste, textile, paper, rubber, low-density polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, polypropylene, poly-(ethylene terephthalate) and polystyrene, is studied for performing thermal pyrolysis. Thermogravimetric analysis is utilised to quantify the interactions amongst these components, and also to compute the ki ...
- Albizzati, Paola Federica; Tonini, Davide; Chammard, Charlotte Boyer; Astrup, Thomas Fruergaard
- Waste management 2019 v.90 pp. 141-151
- anaerobic digestion; consequential life cycle assessment; cost analysis; cradle-to-grave; economic impact; ecosystem services; energy; feeds; food waste; high-value products; issues and policy; land use change; retail marketing; tax credit; waste management; France
- ... The retail sector, generating large amounts of food waste in a limited and well-defined number of locations, represents a unique opportunity for the implementation of waste minimisation policies targeting food waste and surplus food. France has introduced policy measures forcing retailers to prioritise the redistribution of surplus food to charity (donation) and/or diversion to animal feed. To eva ...