Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Fanran; Ibbett, Roger; de Vrije, Truus; Metcalf, Pete; Tucker, Gregory; McKechnie, Jon
- Waste management 2019 v.89 pp. 177-189
- acetone; autoclaving; biobutanol; butanol; ethanol; feedstocks; fiber content; food waste; gasoline; glucose; greenhouse gases; heat; hydrogen; hydrogen production; hydrolysis; landfills; life cycle assessment; lignocellulose; liquids; models; municipal solid waste; paper; primary energy; waste management; wood; United Kingdom
- ... In 2015/2016, the total municipal solid waste (MSW) collected by local authority in the U.K. was 26 million tonnes and over 57% is still put into landfill or incinerated. MSW is a promising feedstock for bio-butanol production as it has a high lignocellulosic fibre content such as paper, wood, and food waste, about 50 wt% of a typical MSW stream. The study evaluates acetone, butanol, ethanol and h ...
- Xu, Jing; Kumagai, Shogo; Kameda, Tomohito; Saito, Yuko; Takahashi, Kenshi; Hayashi, Hiroshi; Yoshioka, Toshiaki
- Waste management 2019 v.89 pp. 27-36
- acetone; ambient temperature; copper; electrical equipment; environmental protection; ethyl acetate; mixing; plasticizers; poly(vinyl chloride); recycling; solvents
- ... Waste electric cables from end-of-life vehicles and electronic and electrical equipment present a significant problem in terms of environmental protection and resource recycling. Herein we detail a novel recycling method for thin waste electric cables, by combining polyvinyl chloride (PVC) swelling and centrifugal separation to simultaneously recover PVC and high-purity copper. PVC coverings were ...