Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Waste management 2019 v.87 pp. 250-257
- anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; biorefining; food processing wastes; organic matter; phenol; prices; profitability; volatile fatty acids; waste management
- ... The aim of the present work was to evaluate the effects of a thermal pre-treatment of olive mill solid waste (OMSW) and phenol extraction process on the semi-continuous anaerobic digestion of this pre-treated waste during a prolonged operational period (275 days) in order to assess the organic loading rates (OLR) of 1 ad 2 g Volatile Solids (VS)/(L·d). The anaerobic digestion of thermally pre-trea ...
- Rodríguez-Gutierrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Waste management 2017 v.61 pp. 229-235
- anaerobic digestion; biodegradability; economic analysis; economic sustainability; energy recovery; food processing wastes; methane production; phenols
- ... Due to the high polluting potential of Olive Mill Solid Waste (OMSW), it is necessary to develop an economical and environmental-friendly sustainable management method. OMSW anaerobic digestion has been shown to be an interesting management alternative, although it should be optimized to improve its economic viability. In the present study, low-temperature thermal pre-treatment of OMSW is proposed ...