Jump to Main Content
- Sarmah, Susmita; Saikia, Jitu; Phukan, Ankana; Goswamee, Rajib Lochan
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 32
- X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; aluminum; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; cement; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; husk ash; kinetics; models; neoplasms; pH; paddies; particle size; scanning electron microscopy; sludge; sorption isotherms; zeta potential
- ... Arsenic (As) is considered as one of the most hazardous elements found in the groundwater. It is present in water in both arsenate (As(V)) and arsenite (As(III)) forms. On exposure for a considerable length of time to water having As concentration above the maximum permissible limit of 10 μg/L, there is a serious threat of developing various health problems including cancer. There is frequent repo ...
- Ali, Jamshed; Tuzen, Mustafa; Hazer, Baki; Kazi, Tasneem G.
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 45
- adsorbents; ammonium chloride; atomic absorption spectrometry; biodegradability; chromium; composite polymers; ecosystems; hydrochloric acid; ions; pH; reference standards
- ... A new adsorbent poly-3-hydroxybutyrate-2-(dodecylthiocarbonothioylthio)-2-methylpropionate triester (PH-DTT-MPT) was first time loaded in a micropipette tip for speciation of chromium in different water samples. Total chromium (Cr), trivalent chromium (Crᴵᴵᴵ), and hexavalent chromium (Crⱽᴵ) in different natural water samples were determined by electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry. Known c ...