Jump to Main Content
- Sarmah, Susmita; Saikia, Jitu; Phukan, Ankana; Goswamee, Rajib Lochan
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 32
- X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; aluminum; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; cement; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; husk ash; kinetics; models; neoplasms; pH; paddies; particle size; scanning electron microscopy; sludge; sorption isotherms; zeta potential
- ... Arsenic (As) is considered as one of the most hazardous elements found in the groundwater. It is present in water in both arsenate (As(V)) and arsenite (As(III)) forms. On exposure for a considerable length of time to water having As concentration above the maximum permissible limit of 10 μg/L, there is a serious threat of developing various health problems including cancer. There is frequent repo ...
- Türtscher, Selina; Grabner, Michael; Berger, Torsten W.
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 30
- Fagus sylvatica; acid deposition; acidification; aluminum; calcium; chemical bases; exchangeable cations; felling; iron; magnesium; manganese; pH; potassium; soil acidification; soil analysis; soil horizons; soil nutrients; soil solution; stemflow; stemwood; stumps; topsoil; trees; Austria
- ... Our goal was to reconstruct soil recovery from Acid Rain based upon removal of stemflow at beech (Fagus sylvatica) stands of known historic and recent soil status. Fourteen beech stands in the Vienna Woods were selected in 1984 and again in 2012 to study changes in soil and foliar chemistry over time. A part of those stands had been strip cut, and to assess reversibility of soil acidification, we ...