Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Xiaocheng; Huang, Wenli; Liu, Dongfang; Liao, Lirui; Wang, Zhendong; Li, Wenjiao
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 39
- bacteria; bioleaching; buffering capacity; copper; equations; heavy metals; manganese; nitrogen; organic matter; oxidation; pH; phosphorus; pig manure; potassium; regression analysis; solubilization; sulfur; zinc
- ... The effects of solid content (10–80 g/L) on the bioleaching of heavy metals (HMs) from pig manure (PM) were investigated using indigenous sulfur-oxidizing bacteria. The results showed that an increase in solid content increased the PM buffering capacity, which slowed the rates of pH reduction, ORP increase, and sulfur oxidation and decreased the solubilization efficiency of HMs from PM. Approximat ...
- Ding, Xiaoqian; Zhao, Jianqiang; Hu, Bo; Wang, Sha; Gao, Kun; Zhao, Rixiang
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 31
- activated sludge; bacteria; denitrification; greenhouse gas emissions; mass transfer; nitrogen; nitrous oxide
- ... To investigate the emission characteristics of the dissolved N₂O in distilled water and activated sludge mixture, the total volume mass transfer coefficients of N₂O in distilled water and activated sludge mixture were determined by batch experiments. The results indicated a difference between emission processes of N₂O in distilled water and activated sludge mixture. At different initial N₂O concen ...