Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Wen-fa; Wang, Ya-chao; Ding, Lei; Lv, Jun-wen; Fang, Qi
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 35
- biochar; biomass; biosorption; cadmium; copper; humans; leaching; lead; mining; phosphorus; radioactivity; remediation; soil; soil sampling; uranium; zinc
- ... The level of radioactivity in the soil has been increasing unpredictably due to the human uranium mining exploitation of uranium over the past 100 years. Remediation of metals in actual soil confronts many challenges, remaining poorly understood. This study intends to investigate the concentrations and distributions of U, Cd, Zn, Pb, and Cu in soils surrounded by a uranium mill tailing pond. Furth ...
- Huang, Ling; Liu, Chong; Liu, Xiaowen; Chen, Zhiliang
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 26
- adsorption; ammonium nitrogen; bioaccumulation; biochar; biomass; cadmium; chelation; copper; electronic wastes; heavy metals; lead; lettuce; phosphorus fertilizers; physicochemical properties; polluted soils; roots; shoots; tissues; zinc
- ... This paper reports the effects of single and combined application of biochar and phosphate fertilizer on immobilization of heavy metals in e-waste-contaminated soils. The results showed that combined amending biochar and phosphate fertilizer improved physical and chemical characteristics of soil but resulted in ammonium nitrogen loss. Biochar combined with phosphate fertilizer increased shoot biom ...